Save The Koala Month

Be a hero for Koala’s this September!

Almost 80% of the Koala’s natural habitat has been destroyed since white settlement and the remaining 20% occurs on privately owned land.
With increasing pressure on this ‘prime real estate’ for development (housing, forestry, mining, agriculture), it is fundamentally important to have information available on where Koala habitat occurs so that compelling arguments based on facts can be put forward to plea for its protection.

The Australian Koala Foundation (AKF) formed in 1986, is the principal non-profit, non-government organisation dedicated to the conservation and effective management of the wild koala and its habitat.

Saving the Koala, or any animal or ecosystem begins with each individual person. Everyone, no matter how small, can do something to help. You can help by; donating, adopting a Koala, planting trees, spreading the world or even just signing a petition!

For more information:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *